My sister suggested that I start a blog. Now I am one who usually embraces technology, but blogging has not really been my thing. For one, I am not quite sure what I would write. Current stuff? Well I am involved in our companies efforts to start a philanthropic program. We are looking into Engineers Without Borders. I love a good cause, and it is fun to be a part of a program that does this sort of thing. We should have something up and running within the company in the next few months.
I am love taking photos of my family, and I am an avid news reader. My favorite feeds are: www.drudgereport.com news.google.com, cnn.com and digg.com. It is surprising the amount of interesting news that pops up. One of my favorite "diggs" was this video..
You should do a google search and see all the places I pop up. I was surprised at all the locations I turned up. When I was browsing the internet yesterday I came across a really intriguing website. This guy took pi and turned it into music. Wierd things like that facinate me. I have often pondered on writing something that involved mathematical expressions. I also liked this youtube.com site. It has a collection of the buffy musical, "Once more with Feeling" episode. Gooood Stuff Maynard!!
We just finished watching "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. It was a good "Check your brain at the door" movie. I LIKE those movies! Tomorrow I get to cut the grass and have an emissions inspection for my car. Here are a few photos for your enjoyment.
Oh yeah, I am also training for a crazy race this September. Check it out below.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That looks like torture! It is madness! You are crazy.
That looks so awesome! I want to know all about your training! And who are you doing it with and where did you hear about it. I want to do something like that... talk to me!!!
-katie
Very interesting.
I was interested in the google search. the fact that you found xahcolo and hahn design in one place and neither has anything to do with us.
Mom
Hmmmm..... What ever it takes to keep the beige out of life! I didn't see a sea leg in this race.....
The Watertribe does the Everglades Challenge every year where they start at Fort DeSoto in Tampa Bay (about 1/2 the way up the coast on the Gulf of Mexico side) to Key Largo, which is an island just barely on the Atlantic side. It is about 300 nm and the racers try to do it in about 72 hours. The cruisers and sailors have up to 8 days. There is some open ocean, lots of currents, and even though it is Florida, it happens in March and can be pretty chilly.
http://www.watertribe.com
/EvergladesChallenge/
EvergladesChallengeOverview.aspx
The warning is my favorite:
http://www.watertribe.com/
Default.aspx?Expand=5&ucPtr=
Challenge/WaterTribeWarning.ascx
This is a ultramarathon type event as well, but with only one or two people in the boat, but they have a lot of GOOD advice about training, hydration, fueling the fire (food) and sleep. With ten people in your race, and being land based, it should be somewhat more straightforward.
http://www.watertribe.org/Magazine/
Go to the box at the bottom of the page - it has some good ideas for light weight hypothermia prevention gear.
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. I didn't think you had a lot of interest in this stuff after the 50/20, or what ever it was. :)
Love to all,
Dad
Post a Comment