Sunday, March 2, 2008

Timber!

Saturday was a busy day at the Hahn household. It started around 2:00 am when I left for work to put a few hours in. Jenny had church meetings at 8:00 am, and I had a baptism of one of my Sunday School students to attend at 9:00 am. Around 10:30 or so the weather inspired me, and I decided to do a little yardwork. The high, which was also broke a record from 1974 was 74 degrees. Beautiful weather. So I decided to cut down the extra cottonwood weeds that had grown up around a little ash tree right off of our deck. I pulled out Grandpa's hand saw, and after I had cut down two trees and with almost frantic encouragement from my wife, I decided to make a trip to Lowes to buy a small electric chainsaw. It took most of the afternoon, but all the trees around the little ash were cut down and cut up and are ready to be taken to the curb. I decided to take a bunch of the small branches and bundle them together with twine.

Jenny trimmed around the crabapple tree, the evergreen trees, and some bush in our side yard. After a very industrious afternoon, we headed off to an evening meeting at church. We had a babysitter come over, so we could "paint the town red." We are so adventuresome getting a babysitter for a church meeting. :) After the meeting, we decided to go see a movie. The Spiderwick Chronicles. For those that enjoyed Jumanji, this falls in the same genre. It has been getting high ratings on rottentomatoes.com, and redhoteyebrows really enjoyed the books. Good pick!


That capped the evening, and we were ready for bed around 11:00 that night. Boy, I hope that I can stretch out the fun over the course of a few days next time!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Shoot, when you write down all of Saturday's events like that, it makes it sound like you were trying to squeeze in a whole week's worth of fun/work into one day. It was a big day, though. Maybe you'll not have to work all of your flex day and we can spread out all the stuff on your to-do list. Of course, the four inches of snow we got yesterday will put a hamper on yardwork. Can we say, "cleaning up the basement"? Hint hint.