Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family! Family! Family!

I love my family! They are great! How many exclamation marks can I have in a row! No really, they are great. This past week involved my sister and her husband and children moving to our part of town. Big move for them. My dad came out early to help move, and to do a little visiting. We had a good visit, and then my mom came into town to help with the move, and to do a little more visiting. This past weekend, we had aunts, uncles, , siblings, grandparents, cousins, grandchildren, nieces, nephews...in short a whole lot of family at our place for a brunch. There was a lot of visiting, good food to be had, and a warm glow at our house.

The house is now empty as family has left. I am looking forward to the next family visit in a few days when another sister will come out to visit for a few days. FAMILY IS GREAT!!!

2 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

Thank you for your kind hospitality. We had a great time, except for the goodbyes. Seeing our grandchildren cry as we leave just rips our heart out, and then we further tortured ourselves by going to see the Nurse and her family and little Sweet Cheeks cried when we left, sheesh, two times in one day was just about too much. Even leaving my mom, made me cry. Not good when I had just applied mascara and had to wipe it all away before we even got to the mail box. :*(

Sailor said...

It was really great to see you and your family for more than a afternoon visit. Thanks so much for having us, and for hosting the brunch. It was really nice to see everyone again.

I am with Annie about the goodbyes though. :)