I recently became a user of Facebook. I have had many friends tell me I should get an account, but for some reason I resisted these suggestions. About two weeks ago, yet another friend invited me to Facebook. I decided to give it a try, and WOW! I really like it. I am finding friends that I have lost track of for many years. Very cool. If you have been putting off getting involved in Facebook, I strongly recommend you give it a try.
Otates, Mexico
I started helping with a philanthropic project our company initiated last year. It has been a lot of fun creating an outlet for employees to be able to contribute to the greater good. I will have to post a little more on the ins and outs of this committee at a later date. The short version is that after a year our little philanthropic arm is sending a group of 6 individuals to Otates Nayarit Mexico through EWB (www.ewb-usa.org). This little village does not have any water for their village school. Children have to walk miles with a bucket for drinking water (not clean) and to flush the toilet. This is an assessment trip to verify their needs are what the village wants first, and to get the community as a whole to buy into the project. We will do some preliminary design, present the community with a couple of options, and then implement the design with the community providing the brunt of the labor. The end result is to create a sustainable project that the village community is excited about and can maintain. I leave Thursday...
Goals
I have several larger than life goals right now.
- Getting in 1/2 marathon shape by September
- Preparing for the PE in October
- Changing my eating habits/lifestyle
At least they seem larger than life to me. I actually did something about it today instead of complaining to my wife. I was walking on the treadmill tonight and reading my PE study book. My wife walked in and said, "That is the smartest thing you have thought of in a LONG time!" I thought her comment was pretty funny. And I am proud of thinking of doing both. I don't know how I am going to get 2-3 hours of study in every day. The goal is to have 300 hours by October. 1 hour down. :) In addition to posting stuff about my life, the next few months will include a line with some or all of the above mentioned goals. I am a strong subscriber to a quote by Thomas Monson (The current prophet of my church) who said, "When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, performance improves dramatically." So here is to a little measured performance!
PE Study -1 hour Engineering Economics
Exercise - 1 hour walking on the treadmill 3.2 - 3.4 mph
Diet - not recorded today.

3 comments:
Yikes!!! you find the scariest quotes. Full of truth, but yikes!!
Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I will take some time for introspection and come up with some mid year goals to work on. Goodness knows I could use some improvement.
I'm about ready to hop back onto the treadmill as well.
love you
~a
have fun in Mexico
Good luck with your goals! You've always been a driven person. I am absolutely sure you will accomplish what you set out to do. (And I LOVED what Jenny said!)
Post a Comment