Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sweet Summer Flicks

I went to see Ironman with a friend last week. If you haven't heard of it, then you are probably not a comic book fan. Stan Lee is in the movie with a small cameo. I don't know what it is about superhero movies, but I LOVE 'EM! This movie has a 93% fresh rating from rottentomatoes.com, which is impressive. One of the cool things about this movie is that it has a basis in current technology. Though I have to admit, that today's current technology is far far behind what Hollywood can dream up.

I am looking forward to this summer's movie line up.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Prince Caspian
Hancock
Speed Racer
The Dark Knight
The Incredible Hulk (This promises to be better than the recent bomb of a movie).
The Happening
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Summer movie goodness!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Bad news for you. The Happening is rated R. But Indiana Jones, here we come!

Annieofbluegables said...

If it still has Harrison Ford, I'm on board too.
Thank you for sharing your list. I love to see what interests you. I have never heard of any of these except Iron man. He is at our theater right now. . .
The Super hero movies? For me,
they don't catch my interest. I guess if I was forced to sit down and view them on video, I might get interested. I have to have lots of great dialog that I can quote later to make them keepers

pixiestylist said...

we loved "ironman" travis is a comic book NUT! if you watch a movie w/jenny, she is sure to tell you (if she comments) that "in the book..." but if you watch a superhero movie w/travis, he is sure to tell you "in the comics..." he knows IT ALL! so i am medium forced into these shows, but i usually end up loving them! :) we are also totally stoked on seeing indiana jones, prince caspian, dark knight, and incredible hulk (i hope everyone is right on this being better)!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember seeing The Hulk with you in Vicksburg! We thought it was so cool when we came out! (I also said the same after The Phantom Menace, and now I deplore its very existence.)